Having a magnificent and excellently maintained swimming pool is something to be proud of. Pool upkeep and maintenance is really a challenging job especially if you have one that is big. One of the must have in order to really help maintain your swimming pool water clean as well as inviting are pool filters.
Even if your pool is not being used, you need to see to it that it’s still appropriately maintained and be sure that you don’t neglect the obligation of maintaining the pool water clean at all times. The pool filters must keep working to ensure that water is safe and healthy. This equipment is a complete necessity for pool keepers to have to make sure clean pool water that is suit for each family member to use.
There are various kinds of filters that anyone can select from.
• Sand filters are equipped with a huge tank that contains sand. In the filtering process, the sand forcefully and powerfully pulls down the water so that any debris and dirt particles are held on and trapped by the sand. Later, you will need to look at the filter by checking the pressure gauge to know when to perform backwashing of the filter.
• You may even choose to use another kind of pool filter. You may pick either the cartridge filter or a diatomaceous earth filter (D. E. Filter). In the event you opt for diatomaceous earth filter, it functions by allowing the pool water to go through the filter grids that contains diatomaceous earth while the cartridge filter enables unclean water to flow through a filter made from corrugated paper or polyester cloth. This kind of pool filter doesn’t need back washing as you simply have to take the filter out and clean it. This is less expensive as you simply need to hose off the filter and changing it may take over a few years before you want to obtain a new one.
Maintenance and proper care of pool filters is important to make certain that they perform properly and efficiently to keep your pool water safe and hygienic all the time. Remove the filter from the system and then clean the particles collected in the cartridge filter by hosing it off. You may use a brush to get hardened or stuck debris from the filter. Let it dry under the sun before you can attached it back to the entire system.
Pool filters are important for the upkeep and maintenance of your swimming pool water in order that the water is safe for swimming. It’s the duty of each and every pool owner to keep hygiene and cleanliness since a swimming pool full of germs and other micro organisms could be unhealthy and will definitely lead to serious skin problems and other life threatening ailments. Therefore, in case you have any plans of constructing a swimming pool in your back yard, it is important to have all the required equipments installed to maintain your swimming pool beautiful and safe.
We want to build an inground pool, but we aren’t sure whether to go with a chlorine or salt water system. We have heard a lot of pros and cons regarding salt water systems, but wanted to know from someone who has their pool for several years to see if they had problems with corrosion of stone, pool parts, &/or patio furniture or other outdoor items made from aluminum or stainless steel. Also, does anyone know anything about the NOGSYS filtration systems?
- Essential Guide On Mastering Swimming Pool Chemicals (bestpoolcleaner.org)
- Pump and Filter Vacuum (vacuumpoolcleaner.com)
- How To Use And Maintain Your Concrete Pool (bestpoolcleaner.org)
- Intex swimming pool products for fun in the sun (bestpoolcleaner.org)
- Above Ground Pool Vacuum PSI drops (sandpoolfilter.com)
- Dolphin Pool Cleaner Tips (bestpoolcleaner.org)
I think you are set with back washing the pool filtration – What you need to do is get the dirty stuff that is in the pool back to the filter.
Just turning the pump on alone will not get the pool clean. You have to get what is settling at the bottom of the pool swept up and back to the filter somehow. There are three ways to do this: 1) plug in a hose to a suction port (either in the skimmer or a port in the side of the pool) and manually vacuum the bottom of the pool with a cleaning head on the end of a pole. 2) plug a robotic cleaner in and it will do most of the vacuuming for you (robotic cleaners include names like kreepy krauley, navigator, barracuda, shark, etc.) 3) in-floor cleaning heads can do the same job, but it sounds like you don’t have a pool with one of those. If you did, you’d have about 12-18 pop-up heads scattered throughout the bottom of the pool.
The cloudiness in the pool may be caused by a few different things like imbalances in your water chemistry. Typically you will need to add some chemicals and run your filter for a 24 hour period to clear that up.
You may want to think of calling a pool professional to come out just once to help you get started balancing your pool and do an instruct with your equipment. Paying for that will probably save you a bunch of headache and expense in the long run.
Read the rest of this entry »
By far, the cartridge filter is easiest. To change that, all you do is easily remove the cartridge and slide a new one in.
To change your sand filter, you may need to remove it from its base, you have to remove all the sand inside, you have to wash it out, put it back on its base and then put all the sand back in. They weigh about 300lbs when full of sand – which would you prefer? Maneuvering a 300lb sand filter around, or easily slipping a new cartridge into the holder?
Check out our blog for more info on filters – if you have any other questions, please feel free to call and ask us!
These high-performance pool filters combine rugged construction, energy-efficient operation and superior flow rates for years of trouble-free filtration with minimal care.
The weather-proof tank is constructed of a tough color-fast polymeric material and topped with a patented easy to use multi-port valve.
All Pro Series pool filters feature an integral top diffuser, self-cleaning underdrain and 360 degree slotted laterals to ensure even water distribution over every square inch of sand, thorough backwashing and totally balanced flow for crystal clear water.
This advanced full flow technology reduces energy costs by obtaining maximum pool filtration, so you can run your filter less.
Filter is complete with tank, multi-port valve, sight glass & pressure gauge. NOTE: Hayward 14 in. Filters and Filter Systems include a 4-way valve. Hayward 16 in. and larger Filter and filter Systems include a 7-way valve.4-way Valve Positions: Filter, Backwash, Waste, Recirculation. 7-way Valve Positions: Filter, Waste, Winter, Closed, Backwash, Recirculation, Rinse
Green pool water with salt water filtration system.
I’m opening my pool and was wondering if it makes any difference if I close the main drain and allow the skimmer to do all of the work, meaning all the filtration is going through the skimmer? It’s been running for 3 days straight only running through the skimmer, and the pressure is lower than normal, and it seems to be clearing up faster this way. any thoughts?
How can I tell where air is entering my pool filtration system? There is air coming out of the return pipes of my inground concrete pool I have checked the pump and fittings. Is there a good way to check PVC joind for air leaks? Whats the best way to test the whole filtration system?
Being Britain’s largest manufacturer of pool equipment implies that they solve plenty of pool concerns for a lot of persons. They’ve superb products which are domestically made inside the UK. With verified longevity in the life of their pool equipment, they keep Pool Pumps for items produced over the last forty years. Even with a stock range of more than 3,000 items, they continue to be revolutionary and add new items to the Certikin range.
New for 2012
• Fusion Colour is an LED lights system. The colors are changing to add a exceptional appearence to your pool. The system features a remarkable 50,000 hours of use. It really is also appropriate for all swimming pool construction.
• Dolphin Bio-Suction is definitely the first of its sort. This robotic cleaner is particularly designed to clean bio and natural pools. It supplies superb functionality for pools up to fifteen meters. These pools that are irregular shaped or with obstacles are totally no issue for this cleaner.
• EuroSwim Pump range powered by DAB. This is a self priming pump. It’s offered in .5hp to 3hp. The range is designed to be a centerfugal with high efficiency and minimum upkeep. The pump also supplies a higher capability pre-filter for even less fuss.
• Certi-Skin is a spray applied membrane lining for your pool. So sturdy, Certikin guarantees it for twenty five years. Appropriate for just about any pool, new or old. Application and drying time is minimum, allowing for water to be placed back again in the pool just about right away upon completion
• Baracuda MX8 high functionality suction cleaner. Designed to plug into any pool vac point. With its super broad cleansing scope bigger swimming pools are cleaned with ease. It also has remarkable suction strength, parallel to none.
Those who buy pool pumps manufactured by Certikin stay assured all through the life of the product. Purchasers understand that Certikin produces high-quality pool pumps that last for many years. Certikin Pumps are managed for most of the pumps manufactured within the last 40 years of business. This inventory of spares clearly indicates the self-confidence they have that their merchandise will possess a long life with appropriate upkeep.
Certikin produces a range of domestic pool pumps. One suchpump is the Aquaspeed. This can be a incredibly versatile pool pump; it truly is suitable for both pools or spas. It matters not whether or not your pool is salt-chlorinated it can be made use of for your pool.
You will uncover the same sort of superior development with this particular pump just like other Certikin gear. This Certikin proprietary style is created of 316 high-grade mechanical steel. Each pump features a 2nd seal for added protection. Thebody is UV stabilised and is extremely corrosion resistant. The pump body is a solitary piece of fibreglass fill.
The impellor and diffuser are developed for hydraulic efficiency. While minimising turbulence, maximum hydraulic output is developed.
The Aquaspeed is offered in .five HP as much as 3 HP. It is actually also accessible in one phase and three phase. Again, making it a very versatile pump as regards to meeting your pool or spa demands.
Conveniently developed to be self-priming. It also includes 2” quick connect unions for speedy installation.
Why would my Hayward Pool Vac suddenly cause a significant reduction in filtration PSI?
PSI through my pool filtration system has suddenly dropped significantly from 10-15 PSI to less than 5 PSI when my Hayward Pool Vac is attached. I believe the Vac does typically reduce PSI slightly, in the 10 PSI range, but not to the extreme it is now.
This problem started only over the last couple of days. If I remove the vac, from the end of the hose, PSI returns to normal.
I did an initial inspection of the Vac, and did not see any obstructions, though I would not rule that out. Is this a common problem?